Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My Heritage

I thought you might like to know a little bit about my family. I am very proud of my parents and their backgrounds. I am also proud to be a purebred from responsible breeders.

A copy of my pedigree


My Mom..
Reprinted from WhippetView Kennels homepage. WhippetView is owned David & Regina Howton. Thanks to these two wonderful people and their exceptional breeding program I was born and eventually was placed with my proud and loving Mumzie, Judith.

Kat"Kat" Dual Champion Bayberry's Cat in The Hat, FCh

This has to be one of the greatest finds ever as I ran across this beautiful whippet on the Bayberry Whippets Web Site. I fell in love with Kat's photo and quickly contacted Julie Alplanalp. It took a lot of convincing but Kat was soon on her way to Florida from Oregon. Kat soon joined our little group in Florida and became the first real athelete in the family. It took a little adjustment on both of our parts as Kat settled into her new home. Kat is a great runner and when I first saw her on the coursing field, I fell in love with her all over again. Kat took little time to take a Best in Field, the first of many and to get both her AKC and ASFA Field Championships.

I took Kat to Dallas in 2001 where I planned on her joining Judy Lowther for the summer to run NOTRA and NAWRA. I was pleasantly surprised by some of the comments about Kat and was influenced by several of my favorite show people to send Kat to be shown rather than to run for the summer. Kat joined Jeff and Lori Wilson and was soon completed her bench championship to become an AKC Dual Champion. Many thanks to Deborah Bahm for her help in showing Kat and talking me into sending her out to be shown.

Kat

As you can see from the photo,this whippet can fly!. Kat has won many Best in Fields for both AKC and ASFA. But don't let the line break or miss catching her at the finish line, or you are sure to spend the afternoon chasing her down. She loves to run and does not want to stop until she can run no more. Kat will be bred in the spring of 2004 and I look forward to having her line in our kennel for many many years to come. Kat has her own fan club after going Winners Bitch at the Duluth Kennel Club a few years ago and then going out the same weekend to win on the cousing field against a solid group of whippet runners. Kat is responsible for our love of the performance aspect of the whippet breed and I hope she will share some great running whippets with us for years to come.
My Mom

My Dad..


This is a reprint of the cover story from the 2000 American Whippet Club Annual Whippet News publication:

Multiple Best In Show and Best In Specialty Winning
“Redford”

BIS, SBIS Ch. Chelsea Made You Look of Sage, JC
(Ch. Chelsea Gold Rush of Keynote, SC x Sage Simply Outrageous)

Special dogs are born, but must also be raised to be great. “Redford” is certainly an example of this. “Redford” was born to be special, he had all the “right stuff”. He was special as a puppy and matured into a beautiful representative of his breed. We wish to extend a special thank you to all of the judges who have recognized his wonderful dog and extend our appreciation to everyone who helped raise “Redford” to be special.

Record for 2000
40 - Group First
3 - All Breed Best In Show
2 - AWC BestIin Show
Award of Merit - AWC National Specialty
Award of Merit - AWC Midwest Specialty
Best of Opposite Sex - Westminster Kennel Club

Sire of 8 Champions in 2000

The response to “Redford” from breeders, hound authorities and all-arounders has been very enthusiastic. “Redford” has been successful winning under specialty judges and all-breed judges alike. “Redford” is very keen on the lure himself, with several of his “kids” very near earning thier ASFA Field Championship - this we are very proud of.

“Redford”, truly is a dog that appeals to many on several different levels.

Breeder:
Jackie Hubble - SAGE
Breeder/Owner:
Deann Christianson - CHELSEA
Owner:
Deborah Bahm
DEBMAR
Handler
Jeff & Lori Wilson
WINDBORN

No comments: