Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My Name is WhippetView's Sassy Kat.. affectionately known by my Mumzie as Zoë


That's me last summer on my vacation to Colorado up in Estes Park. Jake, (you can see his blog HERE and I rode for three days with our two legged persons ( my Mumzie, Jake's Mumzie and Jake's Mumzie's daughter from Panama City Beach, Florida, where I live to Jake's home in Colorado for a two week vacation. Then Mumzie and I drove back by ourselves in our new Honda van. Its much nicer having a large car and a back seat all to myself with my very own seatbelt.

I am 4 1/2 years old. My birthday is November 2, 2004. My Mom, who is affectionately know as my Mumzie, had Great Danes as companions for over 30 years. When Catherine VonMeistersinger (affectionately known as Catherine) went to the Rainbow Bridge, my Mumz decided it was time to do some downsizing. She had met a wonderful Whippet while she and Catherine lived in NYC and fell in love with the breed. We were the perfect size and temperment to fit into her home. She did lots of research on the computer ( probably where I get my techie interest and abilities) and found a breeder who set their breeding standards very high. (Maybe tomorrow I will post a little about my parents and their people for you to read.) She contacted them and after a series of interviews was approved to take one of the puppies from a just born litter home when it was old enough.. (that was ME!!) The breeders selected two of us from which she could choose.. I really hoped it was going to be me.. the quieter, just a little shy ( I prefer to think reserved) loving and loyal doe eyed girl. And guess what.. she picked ME!
I went home with her shortly before Valentine's Day in 2005.

4 comments:

TwoSpecialWires said...

Zoë!!!!! We are happy you are here! We're kinda wiped out today after the flurry of activity yesterday on our new blog. YOU and your Mumzie are responsible for this, you know!

We've found out there is a big terrier group here... lots of people have networked together (is that redundant?) and found us. One of them mentioned the site DogsWithBlogs (look in our website list), as a way to get yourself "out there." We can't tell how much of the response we got was because of a coupla dogs and their families, and how much was the DogsWithBlogs site. (We think it is the former.)

Anyhow... we are happy you remembered your blog and are back to it!

And, by the way, we really hope your eye is still doing better today. We'll rest easier after you go back to the veterinary ophthalmologist on Friday. Keep us posted!

WE LOVE YOU, Zoë, and we are looking forward to fun times together this summer!
Jake and Fergi

Eric said...

Hi Zoe.I'm a new friend of Fergie and Jakes from London in olde England. They barked about you,in a happy good way!! Came over to sniff you out. Ooh how pretty you look.It would be wagging to be pals. DWB is a great community lots of fun, love and laughter. I'm sure you will have lots of doggies come over to say hello now Jake and fergie have told us about you. I will put a link on my blog too and mention you if that's ok with you?

See you again soon. Wiry wags, Eric xx

Eric said...

Ooh- I forgot to say we saw in The Special Wires comment you are going to the vettie about your eye. Paws tightly crossed all is ok. Let us know.
Eric xx

Ken said...

What a beautiful girl Zoë is! We look forward to seeing more of her.

Thanks for stopping by our blog.
Bailey, Deva and The Pod
baileywhippet.blogspot